The Practice Room-Review


I love to read. It is my favorite passion. Like hiding in bed, covers to my chin, chocolate on the bedside table and a book in my hands....heaven on earth to me.
Well I just finished reading The Practice Room by Susan Zeidler. I have to thank Elaine for sending me this one...it was a good one.
I love how listening to music transforms a place or time. And have you seen how someone playing the piano seems to just drift with the music. Like they are taking a journey with the music. Well that is how this book takes you. A tale of a supernatural experience for Zoey, traveling between different times and events. I learned more about Harlem in the 30's, the Woodstock concert of 1969 and the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. (Side note, I have a piece of that wall right here in my home.) Now you know I will not tell you the story, but I will say you will drift with the music in it.
This is a good coming of age story. Not only does Zoey travel through time but she grows in it too. She discovers her strength in music and her inner strength too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!