Investing Our Income Tax


Well we received out income tax check today. Yeah, really!
You see this is not normal for us.
Our income taxes always go to Dear Hubby's ex's for child support.
But last year I found out I could apply for 1/2 of the refund as an injured spouse.
So now we actually can get a lil back.
This year we received the complete refund!
So exciting....I am not sure what to do with all of it.

My mom suggest saving it for the future. Maybe I should use an online brokerage firm and do a lil Online Trading. What do you think? With an Online Broker I could maybe make a lil more money. You never know. I could use it to invest into a lil Stock Trading. Of course it would have to be a very inexpensive stock. I am not sure the check would purchase much.

Of course I am tempted to do the right thing. Make a copy of the check so the ex's will know it is the full amount. And then follow the letter of the law and keep half for me and send each of them half of the remainder. I mean that is what we are supposed to do with the refund. Heck, I am sure that they will not mind each getting a quarter in the mail and me keeping the remaining fifty cents. As the refund check this year was all of one dollar.

Laughing my head off!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. LOL! You go girl! Do it for all of us who had to put up with Greedy ex-wives! Not saying that dads shouldn't help out, but ex's get ridiculous (my husband's ex for one). Thank goodness that's over with. Both his kids are over age now. Yea!!!!!!! I did go through it with him for 10 or 12 years of it. NO FUN AT ALL! Oops! I started to get on my soapbox, but I changed my mind and deleted it. Anyway, Do IT for ALL of us who had to go through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO - Don't spend it all in one place is my advice :)

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! You came to talk to me. Thanks.
You know how special that makes me feel?
Like I swallowed the moon and the stars and I just shine now!